Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras Day

It is Christopher's birthday today so we called him early with best wishes.
The anchor light on the boat had burned out, it is at the top of the mast so I needed a ladder to change it. The marina didn't have one so I bought one at Lowes, after I changed the bulb which is about a 20 minute job, I called the manager at Lowes, explained I had only used the ladder to change a bulb and could I return the ladder paying a restocking charge. He told me to bring it by and they would do a complete refund, very nice of them I think. After the return of the ladder I went by West Marine to pick up a few things for the boat.
Marsha cooked a chicken and sausage gumbo and we had some friends, 2 couples, I grew up with in Puerto Rico come by for dinner on the boat we had a nice time eating gumbo, looking at old photos of us as kids and talking about those times in the 50's and early 60's. We had brought a Mardi Gras King cake from home so it made a nice dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys we have really enjoyed following you. Let's see if this comment gets posted!

    ReplyDelete