Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It was a nice warm day today cloudy and breezy but no rain.
This morning I went to one of the local hospitals I had contacted about having my monthly blood test to determine my Coumadin dosage. It was quite simple, I had brought the instructions from the clinic in Thibodaux the test is done here the results are faxed to the clinic in Thibodaux, my doctor looks at them and his nurse calls me the next day with his recomendations.
When I got back to the boat I changed the oil and oil filter of the generator engine In the next couple of days I'll do the main engine oil and filter change and the fuel filters on both. We went to a Nearby Cuban restaurant for lunch the Tostones (fried green plantains) were great the rest of the food was just OK. After lunch drove up the main highway north for a while just to see what was there there is a very nice State Park and beach the beaches I have seen here have had lots of seaweed washed ashore I dont know if it is normally like that or a seasonal thing.
When we got back to the boat I took a walk to the nearby West Marine to buy the Marine charts I need for the trip up the east coast of Florida. they have them but advertize they will be 25% off on St Patrick's Day (WHY?) so I'll buy it then.
Tomorrow we'll drive down to Key West to look around and visit friends in their boat there.

No comments:

Post a Comment